Logo

Friday, August 24

Krishna

What’s shining so bright?
The stars or your eyes?
When I see me in your eyes,
So near, yet so far!

Upon the stars in the sky,
When the moonlight dances in a trance,
Will you O moonlight and stars,
Sketch the name of my love upon the star studded sky?

Venus smiles down on earth
And weaves a garland round the earth.
My heart weaves a garland,
Round my love’s tender rose,
The garland tightens,
And draws his heart even closer
And lo behold!
There’s just a single big tender rose
With shining soft dewdrops of love.
The rose flutters,

The leaves tremble
And down the rose
There’s a rain of soft dewdrops
Let me dip and wet myself in it.
Again, again and again,
Till the cup fills up to the brim and wets my eyes, face and hair
Let me drown, drown and drown.

The garland falls around his lovely, graceful neck
And falls softly upon his ebony chest
A soft ready smile on his tender lips
As tender as the dew in my rose.
He himself is the Krishna
With his graceful eyes
And radiant smile
And his mighty heart playing the flute,
He preaches the gospel and teaches me
O my love mesmerizes me
And drives me closer and closer to him
And in his firm embrace
In a trance forever…

My love, we have our hearts and hands joined together.
Eternity showers its blessings upon us
And awaits us
As I garland you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice poem... gr8 wrk....felt like nothr meerabhai....:)

Anonymous said...

good!!